Top Resorts or Hotels to Book For Your Incentive Trip to Saint Martin / Sint Maarten
Although Sint Maarten is a small island, it offers a variety of resorts and hotels that could be a great fit for your next incentive trip. (Need help with hotel sourcing?)
Knowing what is available and where it is located on the island will guide you to the best fit based on guest demographics, activity level, and experience needs.
There are two countries represented (France and the Kingdom of the Netherlands) on the island. Below are a few resorts and hotels of note on each side of the island.
Resorts and Hotels on Sint Maarten (Dutch side)
Sint Maarten (Dutch side) offers hotels in Cupecoy, Maho, Simpson Bay, Pelican Key Beach, and Oyster Bay. Here are a few hotels of note if staying on this side of the island.
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa (All-inclusive property) – Enjoy the all-inclusive, fun-for-all-ages Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa in Sint Maarten, located minutes from the airport. The 420-room resort offers a variety of accommodations, first-rate amenities, and stellar personalized service for singles, couples, families, and groups.
- Royal Islander La Place and Royale Islander La Terrasse – Located on the white sands of Maho Bay, the Royal Islander Club welcomes you to St. Maarten with two exclusive resorts – La Plage and La Terrasse. Lounge on private balconies, explore tropical gardens and relax with family and friends in an exclusive setting.
Pelican Key Beach
- Hilton Vacation Club Flamingo Beach St. Maarten – this resort is located right on the beach with an onsite restaurant and bar. The outdoor pool is framed by sea views on two sides. Hollywood Casino is around the corner along with several restaurants, including Juliette’s Bistro and The Red Piano Lounge. Watersports and diving are down the road. Hiking and horseback riding are within three kilometers.
- Oyster Bay Beach Resort – Located on the eastern edge of Sint Maarten in the Caribbean, Oyster Bay is a microcosm of island life. Just south of the amicable dividing line between the French (St. Martin) and the Dutch (St. Maarten), Oyster Bay Beach Resort offers an array of accommodations from superior rooms, studios and deluxe lofts and kitchenettes to one- and two-bedroom suites with magnificent views and fully equipped kitchens.
Resorts and Hotels on Saint Martin (French side)
Saint Martin (French side) offers hotels in Anse Marcel Bay, Philipsburg/Little Bay, and Baie Lounge area . Here are a few hotels of note if staying on this side of the island.
Anse Marcel Bay
- Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa (All-inclusive property) – A true island escape, Secrets® St. Martin Resort & Spa is in the remote Anse Marcel bay with calm waters, a pristine beach and picture-perfect sunsets. The rich culture of St. Martin meets Unlimited-Luxury® for the first time ever at this relaxing and romantic hideaway on the French side of the island – a short journey from the airport by land or sea.
- Little Divi Bay Resorts – For an authentic Caribbean vacation, look no further than at Divi Little Bay on the Dutch side of this half-Dutch, half-French island. Our resort offers room-only, bed & breakfast, and all-inclusive options. Located on a pristine private peninsula between two crystal clear bays, our resort offers refreshing pools, delicious dining, fun activities, a spectacular beach, and so much more. ** We recommend staying in the new Oceans Building for your group guests **
Baie Lounge Area
- La Samanna, a Belmond Hotel – Constantly ranked among the region’s top ten hotels, La Samanna is a garden paradise in which to enjoy an alfresco massage, or lie in a hammock, lulled by the waves. Take a day cruise around the island or savor a sumptuous private dinner by the shore.
Best Practices to Follow
- Know your audience – If you haven’t figured out the demographics of your group yet, get to it!
- Book early! Hotels and resorts in the Caribbean are booked at least a year in advance and if you have a large group, we suggest even further out, if possible, to make sure you have enough space and rooms.
- Review your patterns so they flow well with airlift and local events. (need more info on this?)